Sunday, November 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I am happy to say that our apartment is finally starting to feel more like home. It was a lot of work to put it all together, and we're not even done yet. At the beginning of August my mom, my sister (Andrea) and I drove up to Rexburg to drop Andrea off at EFY. I took this opportunity to bring a bunch of stuff up here and put it all in a storage unit so that Ty and I wouldn't have to bring so much up with us after the wedding. I had told Ty that we were going to have a lot of stuff to put in our apartment once we got up here but I think he was still a little overwhelmed when he saw this...


We started moving everything into our apartment the minute we got to Rexburg, and for the next few days all we did was unpack and organize, and make multiple trips out to Target. It took us so long to figure out how we were going to fit our table and chairs into Ty's little car, but we finally figured it out, and we still had a tiny bit of room for me to squeeze into the car too.


We were so busy. We really wanted to get everything set up before school started, which meant we had 4 days or so to furnish, organize, and decorate our apartment. Of course that didn't happen. By the time school started we still had picture frames on the floor that needed to be hung up, a spare bedroom full of miscellaneous items, and NO BED. I don't know why, but in the week we had been in Rexburg, it had just slipped our minds to get a bed. For almost 2 weeks we slept on this pile of blankets. Oh the joys of being newlywed students :)



So, without further delay, here are some pictures of our apartment so far. It's been so fun to put everything together and create a space that represents both of us; individually and as a couple. There are still some pretty bare walls, but we're working on it. Hope you like it!

We live in an apartment complex called Cougar Court. There are 6 other buildings that look just like ours. We live on the third floor. The top 3 windows on the right are our apartment!



We'll start with our living room. We're planning on putting some pictures of us under the "family" sign eventually...



And of course, on any given Saturday you will find Ty in the living room watching college football. Hi Ty!



Right next to our living room is the dining area. I can't really call it a room because it's more of a corner, but it's plenty big for just the two of us.





Next we have the kitchen. We don't have a lot of cupboard space so we bought that shelf thing at the end of the room and use that as our pantry. Don't mind the blue bin, we also use that area as our storage. We're learning to be creative with the space we have!





Our apartment has 2 bedrooms, so we turned one of them into an office. We hardly ever go in there, but it's nice to have a place to put all of our books and other school supplies.





Now for the bathroom. We (I) had something totally different in mind for the bathroom when we registered for everything, but I like how it turned out better than the vision I had for it.







And finally, our bedroom. The wall that our bed is against is SO bare, I'm still deciding what I want to do with it.



I do like this fun collage we made of our engagement pictures though. This is on the wall that faces our bed.



And our closet. Words cannot describe how excited I was when I found out about our walk-in closet. I hope Ty knows what he's gotten into; I don't know if I can ever live with anything but a walk-in closet again!



Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed the tour. We love our first little house together :)

10 comments:

  1. Soooooo cute! I love it (I especially like your bedding - the new bedding that is, not the blankets on the floor bedding.) Love your kitchen chairs & never mind the walk-in closet, I love all your shoes & purses! :) Of course, it IS nice to have a walk-in closet to keep such necessities! You guys have done such a great job putting it all together. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its nice and cozy for the two of you. We thought at first are place was small but when we thought about it was the perfect size. Even if you don't have a walk-in closet just make sure you have a his and hers. I use the second bedrooms closet too....Lol. You guys have done a lovely job and I'm sure you'll find more ideas to decor. Don't worry we have blank walls too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! so much classier than my first apartment. Lady you have the decorating touch.
    PS. be careful shoving those chairs in the GEO, you wouldn't want to scratch up the inside of the roof!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such classy style, Christi! I love it! I have that shower curtain. I have no idea what to do in that bathroom but I love the curtain. Maybe I'll copy you. :) Your apartment is bringing back so many memories I can hardly believe it: sleeping on the floor, no room in the kitchen for pantry items, a husband glued to Saturday football. You will LOVE this time when you look back on it. Enjoy it, even if it sucks you are sleeping on the floor. You guys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture wall of you two! GREAT collage! Love your new bedding-so pretty! So fun to see all your work and see where you guys live. Great job on getting everything up and running! Oh, and I really like your table and chairs too, fun colors. I SOOOO remember having to get creative in the kitchen with space. Apartments almost never come with pantrys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We slept on the floor for a reallllly long time and then we slept on a mattress on the floor for even longer. Things are looking good! I'm glad you've been posting! Can't wait to blog stalk you now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! CUTE! CUTE! It's so fun to see where you live. I love all the decorating and am impressed that you've gotten so much done! So excited to see all that you 2 have been up to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done. You got so creative in the space you got. Give you props for that! I remember those days. We didn't even decorate our first apartment (probably cuz we were only going to be there for 4 months. haha).

    ReplyDelete
  9. We started on the third story too! What a workout on those stairs!! And yes, we took our turn sleeping on the floor...some things you never forget. :) Love your decorating style, can you come do my house?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your apartment is perfect and it looks beautiful. Great job. I was so happy we got to visit with you guys, hope we see you sooner than later. By the way, I WILL be blog stalking you now that I know I can.

    ReplyDelete