Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Here Come The Baby Posts


And there it is. We're having a baby in September and we are SO excited!!! 

It was kind of on a whim that I decided to take a pregnancy test, and such a surprise when I saw the result! I decided to take it because I was feeling really sick that morning and threw up for no apparent reason.  I couldn't even keep down ginger ale and saltines. Ty said that he just had a feeling that day that I was pregnant which now I feel like is the coolest thing that he had that kind of instinct. So i took it while Ty was at work because I couldn't wait and...



ta-da! So many tears of joy! We have both been feeling really baby hungry lately and I was just so excited that it was finally happening! I wish I would've thought of a more creative way to tell Ty, but it is what it is. Maybe next time i'll do something awesome ;)


The first trimester was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I mostly just had heartburn and was super tired all the time. I spent most of the time second guessing if I was really pregnant or not because I just didn't feel very different. It was so fun to go to the doctor for the first time and actually see our little baby! A little bit later in the trimester I started to feel super emotional all the time which was so strange. One time we were at the grocery store and I just started crying while we were walking around. Ty stopped and hugged me and I'm sure was freaked out, because the next minute I was laughing because I thought it was funny that I was crying for no reason. So weird. Every movie we saw made me cry, even episodes of The Office that I've seen a million times made me cry.

I felt the baby kick for the first time around 18 weeks. It was weird and I wasn't even sure that what I was feeling was the baby, but when we went to the doctor again I saw the baby move on the ultrasound and felt it at the same time so I knew for sure I was feeling the baby! So fun. On may 5th I was 19 weeks and we got to go find out the gender of our little mexicarter. 

baby's little feet and cute little toes


a couple pictures of baby's profile


and...

It's a BOY! 
We are so excited!
and this is the first of probably many embarrassing pictures that I will post of him. I can't wait!

I'm currently 23 weeks. Little man kicks me all day long, sometimes so much it makes me nauseous. He's most active at night around 9. I love feeling him move around, and recently Ty has been able to feel him move too which is so fun! 

I feel so blessed that I've felt so well during the pregnancy, and hope that things stay this way. We can't wait to meet our little guy! 

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait to meet your little guy, too! "mexicarter" made me bust out laughing...you guys are funny. I hope he has the same disposition that Ty had - he was such an easy, happy baby. He's been a "good time guy" all of his life! Love you guys & can't wait for more embarrassing pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot emphasize how excited I am. This is the very best of life. So happy this little guy will be here soon and may youu continue to enjoy the best moments and forget the hard ones.

    ReplyDelete