Monday, February 28, 2011

Get Me Out of Here

It all started when I went visiting teaching last night (yes we waited until the last possible minute, but at least we did it. right?) I walked over to my companion's house and then we walked together to our appointment. I was still in my church clothes, but since it had been snowing all day I decided to play it safe and wear flats instead of the heels I had worn to church. As we walked to our appointment my companion and I were just talking and getting to know each other a little better and before I knew it BAM! I was lying on my back on the icy sidewalk. I totally slipped on the ice and fell! It was the worst thing ever. I got up with help from my companion and had to regroup for a second; make sure I hadn't broken any bones. I just kept thinking "how in the world did that happen? How did I end up on the ground?" I am always extremely careful when walking on ice. Just ask Ty. it takes me forever to walk to class because I carefully and strategically place one foot in front of the other to avoid incidents like the one I experienced last night. In the three years I've lived here I've never actually slipped on ice and fallen on my butt until last night. It must've looked just like this when it happened



It was awful. I have a bruise on my elbow, my butt feels a little sore and I had a headache for the rest of the night, but I am so glad I didn't break anything! I've kind of been laughing about it all day today since i'm not in pain anymore. It must've looked just like a movie scene. I cannot wait to get out of this place! This winter has probably been the worst one we've experienced up here. Just 6 more weeks!

On another note, today marks 6 months since we got married!!! It's gone by so fast. We've had a lot of fun getting to know each other better and spending ALL our time together :) I've learned a lot about Ty and about myself through all of the changes that come with marriage, and I'm excited to keep learning and enjoying our life together!



Happy 6 months Ty!

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! Great visual! Mwahahahaha! What else can you do but laugh? I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself seriously - that ice is treacherous! Just a few more weeks & you can come to Cali for some warmth & sunshine. Happy Honeyversary to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've totally done that before but I had Olivia in my arms and she was only 7 months old. I put my foot down on black ice very carefully and same thing. I thought I was being so careful. Good thing Liv didn't fly out of my hands :) I even had people driving over to me in the parking lot asking if I was ok. HAHAHA! Glad you didn't break anything and Happy 6 months of marrrrrrrrriage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. It hurts just reading it! Hope you heal quick. Maybe snow boots with your dress next time! Ha Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've landed on my knees before, but never the buttocks. So sorry! Maybe wear snow boots next time? :) So fashionable with a skirt, don't you think? Happy 6 months cutie couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary.Sorry about your "Crack" up on the sidewalk.

    As for your visiting teaching, thats awesome! Some people brag about doing their visiting teaching on the first day of the month but you even beat them by two days.

    ReplyDelete