Monday, May 9, 2011

The Biggest Little City in the World

After our trip to Disneyland we headed over the mountains to spend some time with my family in Reno. For some reason I was really homesick this whole school year and this is my first time not going home for the summer, so I have a feeling we'll be making trips out to Reno as much as possible. I'm such a baby!

There's not a lot to do in Reno unless you gamble and/or drink and since we do neither of those things, we have to get creative sometimes. My mom thought we could all go to an Aces game, the local minor league baseball team.

No one in my family had been to a game before so we didn't know what to expect, but it turned out to be pretty fun!


Of course, no trip to Reno would be complete without a ridiculous amount of fierce winds. We were all freezing, but after almost 13 years of living in this place we've learned that you can't leave the house without a sweatshirt and at least 6 blankets. Ty is catching on quickly too. He brought a sweatshirt AND a jacket to the game.




No one in my family has ever played, watched, or even been interested in baseball. Ever. We quickly realized that we had no business being there, but we still had a good time. Thank goodness Ty was there to tell us what was going on! My dad is a football coach and it shone through that night. Before the game started he vocalized his frustration that the pitcher seemed to be the only one working as the rest of his team watched him warm-up. And after a couple innings he said "so I'm guessing they only have one formation?" It was so funny. We talked and laughed and tried to keep warm, but after 5 innings, we surrendered to the wind and headed home.

The next day my sister had a lacrosse game. This is a recent discovery for her, it's her first year playing and she loves it! We went to watch her play and cheer her on. Once again, the wind was out of control.




After a couple days Ty went back to Coloma and I stayed in Reno a little longer. It was my mom's Spring Break which was awesome because we got to hang out all day, stay up way too late talking, and just catch up on some quality girl time.

I was in Reno for Easter Sunday. My family was going to get together with some friends for an Easter potluck after church, and we were planning on bringing a side dish and dessert. I decided I wanted to help my mom out with the dessert so I got on Google, found these and these and got inspired! Here is my attempt to do something cute. I might have found a new hobby; I had so much fun making these!





It was great to spend some time with my family! 



2 comments:

  1. Cute cupcakes! I love that your dad asked if that was their only formation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! So talented! Your kids will love having such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete