Monday, November 3, 2014

Carter: Party of 3

On Friday September 12th I went to the doctor's for a check up. The plan was just to get the baby on the monitor to see how he was doing, and then possibly talk about setting a date to be induced. Right as the nurse took us back to the monitoring station, my doctor came over and told us that my liver enzyme levels kept creeping up, so she wanted to induce me that day. Before I knew it we were sitting in the waiting room of the labor and delivery area waiting to get put into a room. It was unexpected but very exciting! We were led to our room and the waiting game began.
 
 ready to have a baby!
 
 
Once I was settled and we were good to go, my doctor came in and broke my water (around 11am). What a weird experience. I really didn't like the feeling of having so much liquid coming out and not being able to do anything about it. Soon after she broke my water I started having contractions. Ouch. It felt like super uncomfortable back pain and period cramps at the same time. Ty had brought The Other Woman for us to watch which I love, but I was in so much pain I didn't really watch any of it (our nurse loved it however... haha) I laid down and tried laying on my side and sitting on an exercise ball but I was uncomfortable no matter what. I decided it was time to get an epidural and what a great decision it was.
 
feeling much better with the epidural!
 
The waiting game took all day long. My doctor would come in and check my progress, and earlier in the day I was doing great but after I dilated to 6cm I pretty much plateaued. My doctor went home, ate dinner, came back and I still hadn't dilated any more. Around midnight we all decided we were tired of waiting and just wanted baby to come out! We started getting ready for a C-section. We had been talking about the possibility of a C-section for quite a while, so I wasn't too surprised when my doctor recommended it. And at that point I would've been up for anything if it meant not being pregnant anymore. So off to surgery we went!
 
ready to go! haha
 
Everything went really well, and at 1:56am on September 13th Trey Weston Carter was born! Ty got to cut the umbilical cord and just kept telling me how cute our baby was :) Later at home Ty told me that the song "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors was playing on the radio in the OR right as Trey was born. That made me cry! What a perfect song to have playing right then. Our sweet boy was 7lbs 11.8oz and 21 inches long. He had the chubbiest cheeks and so much hair! It was definitely love at first sight! (warning: picture overload)
 



 

 
 
 
 


My mom and sister drove up the day after Trey was born and they were able to hang out with us for a week. It was so fun to have them here!
 
 
 


 




 
We were so happy to have a healthy baby and so ready to go home
 



 
I love my little family!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. No such thing as a picture overload when it comes to that sweet boy! He's just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the love in both your faces when you look at him.

    ReplyDelete