Monday, June 8, 2015

A New Adventure

Once we found out that Ty would not be returning to the Stampede, we immediately decided that we wanted to move closer to family. We packed up all our things and left Idaho for good about 10 days later. We moved in with my parents because Ty had some interviews in Reno which was exciting!

This next little part is what Ty wrote for a family newsletter about the last month:


We spent most of the month looking for jobs. Job hunting is the worst. I struggled with the dilemma of finding something quick that I may not really want, or holding out to find a situation that would really work out for us. I surprisingly had a lot of immediate success in finding interviews. I applied to many places and had different phone calls and interviews. Christi and I were very happy about having potential opportunities close to family.




BUT, I saw a job posting with Vivint in Lehi, UT. I was able to get a phone interview, then they asked me to go to Utah to interview in person. So I drove out there (7 hours across northern Nevada is its own kind of hell) in hopes that things would work out. The interview went well and they wanted another interview a few days later. They told me they would call me the next week to let me know. 2 hours after the 2nd interview they called me and offered me the position. 


This position was the best situation for many reasons compared to any other thing I applied for in the past month. Christi and I have always talked about the idea of living in Utah eventually and we were both ok with that.  Christi has really enjoyed being in Reno with her family, so she and Trey will stick around a little more this summer. I'll head out to Utah and look for a good place for us to live.

We feel very relieved to not be in the same work environment in Idaho. I will be working almost half the hours and making almost double. The company is growing fast and that doesn't appear to be changing any time soon. We will be close to family as well as many friends we made from our college days. We feel very blessed that things happened the way they did.

Even though being apart for the summer is not ideal, we really did not want to rush into a housing situation that we would regret immediately just because we were desperate to find something. We are grateful for family that is so willing to let us stay with them while we find our own place to live!


So that's the plan. Ty drove out to Utah yesterday and started his new job this morning. It's amazing to see how things have worked out for us. It's scary to move and not have a plan, but the Lord is so in control and knows what we need better than we do! We could not have asked for a better situation for our family. We're excited to see what this new adventure holds for us; so far it's been nothing but good things! 

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for this opportunity you have with Vivint - it's a great company! But I'm not gonna lie, we were so excited at the possibility of having you guys closer...you are right, though, Heavenly Father has a way of helping us see what is best for us. Wishing you great happiness in this next chapter of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels like an awesome opportunity and feels right. Also wish it was closer.

    ReplyDelete