Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another Semester Down...Almost

I need a break from studying right now before my head explodes.

These last couple weeks have been crazy. I have such mixed feelings this time of year. Part of me is so excited for Christmas and to go home and see family, watch movies and drink hot chocolate. Then there's the student part of me that couldn't dread this time of year more. I curse whoever invented finals. Ty and I have had such a hard time falling asleep lately, and I'm positive it's because we have so much information in our brains right now. I know more about diseases than I ever cared to know, and Ty has been mumbling some statistics lingo that I don't understand for quite a few days now. And on top of everything our finals are supposed to be on thursday and friday, but since our teachers are just as burned out as we are they want to be done as soon as possible. So now all of my tests and projects are due by tomorrow instead of spacing them out between thursday and friday. So basically this is what our lives have consisted of ever since we came back from thanksgiving break


just one  more week and then we're free... at least for a little while.

On a more exciting note, the newest bulding on campus is being dedicated at the end of this week! I present to you the BYU-Idaho Center




awesome right? We are so excited. This building has been under construction ever since our first semester up here. They also remodeled the MC, which is where the cafeteria is and also the bookstore. It's basically where everyone hangs out. The parts of it we've seen look so nice, and they built a skyway from the MC to the library which will be AMAZING when it's -20 outside. It'll be so nice to not have areas of campus fenced off anymore. The auditorium above (totally looks like the Conference Center), which is in the BYU-Idaho Center is where we will have devotional every week. Ty is especially excited for this building because there are like 10 basketball courts in there or something, and the competitive basketball league will be playing there in the winter. President Eyring is coming to dedicate the building on friday, and Elders Nelson and Bednar will be accompanying him. Oh yeah, and we have tickets to go to the dedication!!! We are so stoked. At least finals week will end on a good note... I just hope we don't lose our minds before then.


5 comments:

  1. Have fun at the dedication and good luck on finals! We'll see you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful conference center & glad you will be able to "witness" history in the making by attending the dedication - sounds like an awesome line-up of speakers!

    Dad & I remember that stress of finals so well that even today, whenever we feel that type of stress we will say, "I hate school!" Almost over for a few weeks - looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful building! Good luck on your finals. And I hate to break it to you but all of that stuff you're cramming to know will soon be forgotten after your finals. I don't remember any of that junk. Well, I remember enough about the disease stuff to make me paranoid and never want to eat at a buffet-style restaurant again . . . but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on finals! I always had to cram at the last minute because I lost all the info pretty soon after! FINALS is finitely a HARD week! You will be SO glad you stuck with it and got your education. It pays off in SO many ways. The new building is beautiful! So jealous you get to see Bednar. He is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will truly never forget the "finals". i repeated a mantra that sticks with me to this day when things get really stressful. Then and now out of my mouth and mind comes "I hate school". Jenny will verify that it contimues to this day. Funny thing is I loved school. Just hated the awful stress of "finals".

    ReplyDelete