Thursday, September 27, 2012

No Place Like Home

At the beginning of the month I was able to spend a week and a half in Reno with my family. It was so nice to be home. It's so funny how no matter what's going on in my life or how long I've been gone for, it's always the best when I get to go home. There's something comforting about being able to just be a daughter and a sister for a few days and ignore all my other responsibilities.

My brother started high school this year and is playing football for his school. I had never gotten to watch him play because he started after I had moved out, so I was excited that I would be in town for a couple of his games. And to make things even better, my dad is coaching him! It was seriously the cutest thing ever to watch them interact on the sidelines. I definitely choked up a little bit. It's so weird to me to see my brother all grown up and teenager-like, but it's been fun to watch it happen too.

my dad and Danny talking before the game

For as long as I can remember, football has been a big deal in my family. It's something I look forward to every fall, and actually being at games, especially when family members are playing, makes it so much more fun! My mom and I went to the game extra prepared to show my dad and brother that we support them

this isn't embarrassing to a 14 year old, right? :) 

It was so awesome to watch my brother play! He played wide receiver, cornerback, and kicked the extra points, field goals, and kickoffs. I don't remember what the final score was, but Danny's team won by a lot! 


Danny is on the very end closest to the ref

this is a picture of Danny running off the field after he'd made the extra point with his best friend, who happens to hold the ball for him when he kicks. How cute is that? 
(I'm sure he would kill me if he knew I was calling it cute haha) 

saying hi to my dad at halftime!

after a win the team comes over to the stands and sings the school fight song. GO HUSKIES!

The next night we went to the varsity game. I didn't take very many pictures at that game, but I love this one I took with downtown in the background. Did I mention I love going home? 
The varsity team also won, so all in all it was a happy weekend at the Jimenez household.


The rest of the week was pretty low key. My sister graduated from high school early (she's a little smarty pants) and is taking some time off before she starts college. This was awesome because we got to hang out all day long while I was in town. There was some serious sister bonding going on :) We took the dog out for a run (almost) every morning, wandered around town, and stayed up way too late talking and watching chick flicks. It was so much fun. She recently got her senior pictures taken and they're way too good not to share with everyone, so excuse me while I show my sister off (Thanks to Lindsey Waite Photography for all the photos! They are amazing!).







and just one more...


Thanks family for letting me hang out with you!  I love you guys so much! 


7 comments:

  1. I can tell you're really close to your family. That's cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea is beautiful!!! Love the football shades...yeah, that wouldn't embarrass a 14 year old. So fun that your Dad gets to coach Danny. Glad you got some time at home - there really is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it is relaxing for you to be home. For me, it is always exhausting and kind of a zoo (as you know) but I still enjoy it! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! When I saw the title of your post I thought, "wow! She's calling Idaho home!" hahaha yeah right. In Idaho's dreams. It's always nice to be home! Glad you got to visit with your family who I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps... i had to prove to your blog that i wasn't a robot about 5 times before it would publish my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You come from a beautiful family on both the inside and out. No wonder you are who you are. Glad you love family. Plus football is always great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling family!! I always love visiting my family as well! I just found your blog, hope you don't mind me following along! :)
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete