Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Best Two Years

Last Tuesday was our 2 year anniversary. I cannot believe how the time has flown by! It seems like these two years have gone by so fast, but at the same time it feels like Ty and I have been together forever. We celebrated our anniversary a few weeks back by going to San Francisco. We started our day with lunch at Pier 39 and then headed over to the Orpheum Theatre to see Les Miserables. I was so excited. We bought the soundtrack a while ago so that I could listen to the music and get more familiar with it. I'm so glad we did this because when it was finally time to go see it I could not wait!



The show was amazing. I loved everything about it and I'm so glad we got the opportunity to go!

After Les Mis we headed over to AT&T Park and went to a Giants game. Is anyone surprised? No? I didn't think so. I wasn't very surprised either when Ty suggested it. It was actually really fun. I love going to baseball games (thank goodness, I have a feeling life would be a little rough if I didn't like sports). 

 The Dugout Store. It's nuts in there.


A few innings into the game, Lou Seal came around in here little golf carts and was throwing whole pizzas into the stands. Ty stood up to try and catch one and he did! Hooray for free dinner! 


All in all, we had a great time in San Francisco. I'm glad we got to go because we went there on our honeymoon and last year for our anniversary, so it's kind of become our little tradition. I really hope we can keep it going!

We both had to work on our actual anniversary which was a bummer, but we decided to go to Old Sacramento later that day and just walk around. It is so cute. We went into a candy store and bought some taffy. The mango taffy was to die for!


We spent the rest of the night going into all of the little stores and just walking around. We had a great time!


This last year of marriage has been an absolute blast. I think the first year was all about adjusting to married life and learning about compromise and sacrifice and decision making together and just trying to figure things out (at least for me). But this year I feel like we had gotten the hang of things and could really just enjoy each other and experience lots of fun, new, and different things together. I am so thankful for the relationship that Ty and I have. He is the best husband ever and I'm so glad we found each other. Happy Anniversary Ty, here's to many many more! 









3 comments:

  1. Congrats, you crazy love birds. We went to a baseball game on our first anniversary. While I don't LOVE watching sports like you do, I do love baseball games. They are so fun. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys and San Francisco go together. You truly seem like you love each other. What a great year. Do it right and each one gets better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Honeyversary! We love San Francisco, too - you can always find great things to do there (not just a Giants game, Ty!) Hey, at least you guys went to see Les Mis (one of our favorites!)good call on that one! I do think it's a fun tradition you've started...

    ReplyDelete