Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's Autumn Time

This October was seriously magical. I don't know what it is, but I have never experienced such a good fall season. Probably because I grew up in the desert and the sagebrush isn't exactly charming. During any season. And then I moved to the frozen tundra where it goes from summer to winter pretty much overnight. I had no idea what I was missing! The trees here are so pretty and we live in an older part of town so the trees on our neighborhood and big and leaves are everywhere.




We live close to a bike path and I have loved riding my bike and looking at all the trees and leaves everywhere. I'm already excited for next fall!




Then the leaves started falling in our own front yard. I could not believe how quickly the leaves covered our lawn! 



Since this is our first place with a yard, it was also my first experience raking up leaves. And that was not as fun as just looking at the leaves, but it was a good workout. I ended up doing all the raking by myself because Ty has had to "work late" most nights. I'm skeptical that it was an excuse to get out of raking, but don't worry. Next year it will be your turn, Ty ;)



2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh...I love FALL! Those leaves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennys favorite time of year. She loves, loves, loves fall colors. Had to plant an entire grove of trees to make her smile. ( we let the wind rake our leaves) Sounds beautiful there

    ReplyDelete