Friday, April 24, 2015

Stampede 2014-2015

This season was insane. It was such an adjustment for me to try and go to the games with a baby. It was hard. I think I went to maybe 3 games the first couple months of the season. It was just such a huge process to make sure I had everything I needed, and then haul it all to the game by myself, and entertain Trey while we were there. It was very overwhelming, but once Trey was a little older we got the hang of it.
 
 
 
 
 
I started taking Trey in the carrier instead of the stroller, so it was nice to not have to try and figure out how to get that thing up and down the arena. I started bringing a bottle for Trey instead of trying to find a good place to nurse him. And I started to show up to the games after halftime. I think this was the adjustment that made the biggest difference! I've always been the type of person that shows up to a game at least 30 minutes early and I never leave until the game is over. So naturally I still had that mentality going into this season. But boy does having a baby change every aspect of your life! Once I was able to accept that it's not the end of the world to show up to a game late, things became much easier. We would take our time getting ready at home and just show up to the arena when we could.
 
 
As time went on, Trey and I got into a routine for game days and he even started to enjoy going to the games. He loved watching all the people around us, and all the bright lights and colors gave him lots to look at. He even started sitting in his own chair towards the end of the season!
 

 
This will be Ty's last season with the stampede, and at the end of the day I think what we feel is relief. The reality is that the hours were terrible and it was hard for Ty and for us to have him gone so much. We're excited to move on and start looking for a new career path that will allow us to have the family life we really want.
 
 
Peace out Stampede.



1 comment:

  1. alls well that ends well. sort of. At least clarifies what you want your life to be

    ReplyDelete